Saturday, February 5, 2011

Updates

It has been awhile since I posted, so I figured it is time for some updates.

NRA SHOW:
My father and I went to our first NRA Show in Charlotte, NC. Living on the east coast, Shot Show was not an option for me, so when I heard about the NRA show being in Charlotte in 2010 I had to go. We had a blast! I got to meet all the great shooters of USPSA: Dave Sevigny, Todd Jarrett, Rob Leatham, Max Michel, Doug Koenig, Julie Goloski, Jerry Miculek, Randi Rogers, Angus Hobdell, and Travis Tomasie. These people are true professionals on and off the field. They are all well respected in the shooting community for multiple reason. I had a chance to talk to Todd Jarret, Max Michel and Angus Hobdel for an extended amount of time. The whole time I was talking to them I was amazed how interested they were in talking to my father and I and how they treated us like we were good friends. There was never a dull moment at the NRA Show. But unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year because it is scheduled during finals!

New Match Director for 2011:
     I was ecstatic when I heard Paul D. was going to be the new Match Director for Roanoke Rifle and Revolver Club. I had met him at my first USPSA match in fall of 2009 when I was 20. Being a Master in Production Paul stood out among everyone else at the match. I was amazed by his accuracy, speed, how relaxed he looked shooting and how he executed stages. He was one of the first guys to approach me and introduce me to practical shooting.

Classifier Scores going up:
     Now that I have established a platform to shoot, my results have only been increasing. It took me a year and about 7 different handguns, and the Glock 34 fits me perfectly. I plan to stick with production division for a while.

One of my main goals since I started shooting uspsa was to introduce another shooter to the sport. The only way for this organization to grow is to spread the word. So far I have brought 3 guys to several matches and they have fallen in love with it. The comaraderie with all the shooters and sportsmanship is the best I have ever experienced in any sport.

A few of my goals in 2011 are:
- Pass on what I have learned to new shooters
- Encourage more people to try out shooting sports
- Learn how to shoot faster and more accurate weak hand
- Attend a major Match and place in top 5 in my class
- Attain a M or GM class for production



Shoot straight and shoot safe,

Robert
"Aim small, miss small!"

No comments:

Post a Comment