Saturday, May 14, 2011

My reloading room!

My reloading room has gone through a lot of changes recently. Over spring break I decided it was time for a change. My reloading equipment is in my garage (Except: bullets, primers, powder. These all stay in the house where the temperature stays consistent), all the cases are stored in bins and I have never had any moisture issues.
THEN...
As you can see from the pictures the place was disorganized. A reloading room is suppose to be a place you love to stay in for hours. The first thing I realized when I installed my press was I needed a sturdier table. The table was very thin and 3000 rounds later the table was bent at a 35 degree angle. It was finally time for a new table. Now I'm very frugal, so I didn't want to spend to much on remodeling my reloading room. Below are the changes I made.
NOW
My primary focus was the table. I wanted it to be as thick as possible, legs equal height, durable, and heavy. My father had a conference table that had been sitting in the garage for a few years, so I asked if I could use it! Luckily he said Yes. The table was 5 ft wide and 8.5 ft long. I cut it down to 3.5 ft wide and 5 ft long. I had to make it fit in the corner of the garage. I built up the side of the table where my presses would be mounted with the leftover wood. It now measures about 3 inches thick, which is more than sturdy enough.
I bought 3 large bins for the 3 main calibers I shoot: 9mm, 45 ACP and 40 S&W. I also bought a dozen smaller bins for the other calibers I pickup (not all the small bins are pictured). I'm lucky to live 5 miles away from the public range. I pick up brass about every Friday and Saturday evening, or Sunday morning. On a typical Friday and Saturday evening I can collect about 15-20 pounds of brass. I have had a few great evening where I filled up two 5 gallon buckets full of brass.
All hand picked from the local range, all cleaned and ready to load
So if you're ever in need of brass shoot me an email with what caliber and the quantity and I'll let you know if I have it and give you a quote! Email: wickedfastguy78(at)yahoo(dot)com

yes... the red and blue coolers are full of brass as well

The red and blue coolers are filled with dirty range brass. Once I get back from the range I pour the brass into these coolers to sort out at a later date. Also, the Shell Sorters are a MUST if you want to sort brass at a fast rate. They pay for themselves within a few uses. I picked up the two large bookshelves from a local bookstore that was replacing their shelves, they were free as long as you had a vehicle to transport them back home.

I now have 2 Dillon square deal presses (set-up in 9mm and 45 ACP), 1 Lee single stage press and 1 Lee hand press.

Helpful tip: After every uspsa/idpa match, any of the targets that would get thrown away I keep and re-use them for practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment