Saturday, February 26, 2011

RR&RC USPSA Match Feb 26th

Just finished the second USPSA match of the year. We had 6 great stages and about 120 rounds. There was a good amount of movement involved and one stage also featured 4 targets you had to shoot prone. Starting off I did not feel prepared for the first 2 stages, I felt a little rushed and i was hurrying to load my mags while I was on-deck when I should have been going over the coarse to mentally have a game plan. Finally my nerves were at rest around the 3rd stage and I could focus....somewhat. Most of the stages I was going way to fast; not calling several of my shots and looking at another target while still engaging the previous one.

I was reading on Brian Enos forum about someone who was having a similar issue and here is what one of his mentors told him:

"Start at a very close range and draw and fire three shots as quickly as possible.... repeat until I could consistently put the three fast shots in a scoring group and begin to move the target further away. Surprise...surprise, I can shoot more quickly and more accurately than I expected."

My plan is to start at 5 yards and add 5 more yards each time I can consistently keep 3 shots in the A zone, up to 50 yards. Then.... head shots only doing the same thing! I'll will report back once I start this drill.

Finally, some videos from today, enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment