Monday, April 25, 2011

RR&RC USPSA Match April 23rd

 Tac-Grip Grip Enhancers

We had 6 great stages this past weekend at RR&RC. I told myself before the match I was going to try and call all my shots. When I first started focusing on the front sight I felt like I was shooting really slow, but after looking at the video and seeing my times it wasn't as bad as I thought. I have a hard time staying consistent throughout the match. I typically bomb the first stage then progressively do much better the following stages. Now I need to work on accuracy. Video is provided below on Stages: 1,5,6. Thanks for looking!
Stage 1: Started off very slow, I had some trouble with the steel on the left side and then nearly slipped when I ran to the right side. All shots had to be fired through the barrels. The right array of targets was the same set-up as the left. I had no extra shots on the right side and took out the steel with no problem.


Stage 5: Squeaky chicken stage. This stage was really fun. We had to have the squeaky chicken on us and the chicken had to be in the microwave before our last shot. After looking at the video, my run from the left side to the right side target behind the barrel was very slow, most of the time I am sprinting to get from one side to the other (My fastest 40 yard time at the Adidas Combine was 4.55 and my shuttle time was 4.21 in 2007. Today I don't have any problem staying around those times) so I'm not sure why I took my time. Overall I felt pretty good about this stage. I hesitated a bit on my final shot on the right side behind the blue wall.

Stage 6: After calling my shots all morning, when I saw the swinger I hesitated with the first shot then when I went to re-acquire the second shot the swinger had already moved, so I moved on to the other targets and tried to transition back to the swinger when I saw it come back around again. I still managed to get all good shots off in a decent amount of time.
Shots 3 and 4 on the second target


It had been 2 months since my last match and the only time I go to the range is on the weekends when I'm back home from school. I expect to perform more consistent here on out. I plan to make lots of changes over the summer in my training.

On a final note, after 4 months of use and 6 matches later I finally changed my Tac-Grip grip tape enhancer on my Glock 34. They advertise that it can be used up to 4 times. I am really impressed with how reliable Tac-Grip has been. Easy on, easy off and no residue to clean! Thank you for a quality product at an affordable price.


Thanks for reading,

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment