Monday, April 18, 2011

Top 3 9mm loads for my G34

I have recently been trying different loads for my G34 in production. The first load I settled with was Dardas Cast bullets 9mm 124 gr. with 4.2 grains of W231, Federal primers, Federal brass, OAl of 1.135 and crimp of .377-.376 Very mild shooting and cheap. This load cost about 5.15 per 50 count.

Recently I have tried other loads with very good results: Kead's 9mm 122 gr. TC with 4.3 grains of W231 with same everything else. This recipe has become my favorite, but I only got a trial pack of 100 bullets. I may make this my main load unless I buy some MG JHP, which I will mention next.The first powder I ever acquired was W231 and it works great with Lead. It meters very well in my Dillon Square Deal.

I was also suggested another recipe by a fellow G34 shooter; Montana Gold 124 gr. JHP with 4.0 grains of clays. I just got back from the range today testing this exact load, it was right on! At 24 yards, they were easily grouping under 3 inches. I will have to load some more up and see how they run in a match.                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment